Re: [oletrucks] 3 Spd column shifter

To: <TomGreer@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 3 Spd column shifter
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <pennellkd@f-a-s-t.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 01:23:38 -0400
Tom,

     Normal problem.  Happens with age.  The bushings in your shifter
linkage are wearing out, and allowing too much slack, or slop.  Because of
the slop, the shifter rods aren't moving as far as they need to, and your
tranny is sticking half into, or half out of a gear.  Worst case I've seen
is a busted gear tooth in the tranny.  Rebuilding the shifter isn't hard,
and parts are readily available.

Kevin
59' Apache 38/NAPCO