[oletrucks] Gas Tank Sender Unit

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas Tank Sender Unit
From: gaonarlt@uswest.net
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 1999 06:05:29 -0700
Hi All,
I think my engine not starting is due to dirt, rust and water in the gas
tank.  I have new plugs, spark plug cables, coil, battery, rotor,
points, battery cables.  Removed the carburetor and glass bowl in front
of the carb and there was a fine layer of dirt in the bowl.  this week
end the tank was removed and delivered to the radiator shop to be
cleaned, carburetor is being rebuilt (no time) by Mile Hill Chevy
Classic, blew the gas lines out, replaced the fuel pump (I'm
conservative) added a $3.00 fuel filter before the pump.  Now waiting
for the tank and carb.  I removed the sending unit and the long metal
strip is broken (oh by the way the gas gauge has not worked in a while).

Question, does anyone in the Denver area or anywhere know where I can
pick up a sending unit or had success with brazing the broken pieces
together?
Thanks in advance.
Robert
58 Apache 1/2 ton 235