[oletrucks] 58-59 GMC emergency brake hardware

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 58-59 GMC emergency brake hardware
From: larry jones <lajones@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 17:59:01 -0600
Fellow GMC truckers,
I asked about this a while back, but I thought I had the problem solved
and didn't pursue it. My '58 GMC Suburban/Carryall is missing the
emergency brake hardware at the backing plates. There should be a lever,
a spreader bar, and a spring. I tried using hardware from a 57 Chevy 1/2
ton but it doesn't seem to fit. This truck uses a Spicer 45 rear axle.
The pictures in the Chevy shop manual and the GMC shop manual look the
same, but I think there is something different about the GMC. Does
anyone know if the hardware is different or do you have an exploded
diagram of the brake hardware? Of course I could be trying to put the
parts in backwards or upside down, but I'm pretty sure it just doesn't
fit. In the interest of public safety, please help! Thanks in advance.

Larry Jones
'58 GMC NAPCO Suburban/Carryall (Lookout!....NO Brakes!)