[oletrucks] Engine Numbers

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine Numbers
From: jvanho01@tir.com
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 19:58:25 -0400
I picked up the block for my 58 GMC the other day and today as I was
checking it over and cleaning the oil gallies I noticed a stamped number
that I had not noticed before.  This number is stamped on the front of the
block on the right side running from top to bottom just outside of where
the timing chain cover goes.  The number is 0010987.  Does anyone have a
clue as to what this number represents.  There is also a number stamped on
the right side 336 52078 which I believe is the serial number.  I know that
the 336 is the cubic inch and the 52078 is the serial number I believe.

Thanks for any and all information.

Jim V. - '58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup V8 Automatic