Re: [oletrucks] Timing questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Timing questions
From: Thomas M OBrien <tmobrien@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 17:51:52 -0700
Speaking of timing and octane does anyone know of a good reference manual
that is geared specifically to the 235 L-6 besides a shop manual. I am
looking for something similar to Dave Vizard's "Rebuilding the Chevy
Small Block" or Victor Page's "Chevy Six".

I will also be rebuilding the 350 in my other truck.  It has developed a
bearing noise(?) at 3250rpm and the compression is low.  Any suggestions
on what I should watch for such as hardened valve seats and guides; the
engine is a 1971 vintage.  The engine and truck will be used as a daily
driver with lots of forays into the mountains with a camper.  TIA.

Tom OBrien (Oregon)
60 Apache K-20
71 K-20