[oletrucks] New Guy

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] New Guy
From: mark rosauer <msrosau@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 19:01:42 PDT
Hello Yall

I am not really new ... been keeping up with the oletruck list for a month
or two now. I really enjoy the banter not to mention the tips and tricks.

I bought a 53 3100 about 10yrs ago in Colo. It's a plain jane work truck ...
only 3 windows, painted grill and bumpers, a column 3 spd but it ran and had
a stock radio, 70k miles with the usual dents dings and 3/4 in plywood bed.
I was transfered to Texas shortly after this and left the truck in Colorado.
I caught a ride back there a month later and intended to rent a truck and
trailer and haul "Daisy Mae" back home. Come to find out they lost the truck
order and had no trailer ... well I had  to get back for work on Monday and
I had driven it around town a bit and so I decided to just drive it. As you
can guess I didn't get over 55mph the entire way ... I saw a lot of eastern
colorado ... picked up a hitchhiker and got passed by everything except a
tractor. But I made it. 4 Years later I had replaced a lot of the bed,
stripped and repainted it (green) and cleaned and sand blasted all of the
frame I could. Well i wanted to replace the 216 with a 235 and found one
that was supposed to have been rebuilt not too long ago, got tranfered to
Houston ... moved everything down south ... removed the motor and sent the
235 head in for updating. It was cracked ... located another had it worked
on, meanwhile I had removed the entire front end and carefully (right)
placed all the parts in bags and boxes in the garage. Layoffs came around
and I found myself on the road again to Minnesota hauling Ms Daisy with a
tow bar this time ( pulls easily with no front end or motor)  it sat for two
years, then it was on to Oklahoma where once again employed I am trying to
finish what I started. The engine is rebuilt and in along with the 3spd. I
am having quite the time trying to locate parts and finding some that I
haven't a clue as to where they go. But it is moving along ...For those of
you who have stuck with this saga this far I do have a question. It seems
along the way i retained the 216 manifold and ah ... well lost the 235 one.
I have had this one powder coated and redy to go except well is it worth
trying to fit it on? It seems that everyone has intake leaks with using the
correct equipment ... if you know of some one who would like to trade that
may work also. I have some other extra parts ...some flywheels and a starter
(12v)... but I am not sure of all of it. Anyhow thanks for letting me drop
in ... hope I can contribute some.

T-town Mark
Chev 53, 3100