[oletrucks] PowerGlide Cam P/N & Hardened Valves/Inserts

To: "Oletrucks List Server" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] PowerGlide Cam P/N & Hardened Valves/Inserts
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 19:27:15 -0400
Two questions:

1. Does anybody have a GM parts book that could tell me if the PowerGlide
cam I have goes to the small or large journal series and what year models it
fits?  The part number on the cam is 3752756.

2. I had asked earlier on the list, but don't recall any replies.  What
would be the disadvantage of installing hardened valves instead of hardened
seats in order to accommodate the use of unleaded gas (I plan to run higher
RPM's than stock & want to ensure that I don't burn valves or valve seats).
OR is there something else I could try (besides lead additives)?

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX