Re: [oletrucks] Hitch on a AD truck

To: BLAINE AILTS <blamme@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hitch on a AD truck
From: Tim Lloyd <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 00:38:33 -0600 (MDT)
On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, BLAINE AILTS wrote:
> I have heard alot on this list about how the AD trucks are working trucks,
> but I have yet to see an option for a hitch to pull a trailer.
> Was there ever an option to place a hitch on a AD truck, specifically a 54?
> If not, was there after market hitches made at that time for these trucks?
http://ucsu.colorado.edu/~lloydt/peanut/left.jpg
I have no clue just how original my rear "bumper," as seen in this photo,
is, but it does have a trailer hitch.
So - it's been done.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how.  If this is not
original, my guess is that it was done by the Arizona Dept. of Agriculture
(the PO of my truck), just like the fender-mount spare and the unisom
seat.  Let me know if you wish me to conduct a further inquiry into the
subject.

Tim Lloyd, omaha@tmbg.org
"War is an instrument entirely inefficient toward redressing wrong; and
multiplies, instead of indemnifying losses." -Thomas Jefferson
"Do not be too moral.  You may cheat yourself out of much of life.  So aim
above morality.  Be not simply good; be good for something." -Thoreau
"...failure to terraform Mars constitutes failure to live up to our human
nature and a betrayal of our responsibility as members of the community of
life itself." -Robert Zubrin