[oletrucks] rearend alignment

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] rearend alignment
From: Jeff Davis <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 20:58:36 PDT
I'm getting ready to install a early eithty's rearend in my '51 3100. Got it
out of a camaro and it's 3:73 posi. with disc brakes. My problem is that I'm
not exactly sure how to center it. I can put it on the leaf springs and
measure from the outside of the leaf springs to the backer plate and
"center" it but them the distance from the tire to frame differs from side
to side. Not sure if the frame has been bent or not but it surely doesn't
appear to be. Is there any way I can be certain that it's centered correctly
with the front end so it doesn't dog leg when I'm going down the road? If
it's of any importance I have already installed a pacer front suspension and
it turned out great.Any info. on lining this thing up would be appreciated.

Jeff Davis
St. Peters, MO
'51 custom