Re: [oletrucks] Parking Brake Hookup Mods

To: Steve Wilson <steve@crossroads.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Parking Brake Hookup Mods
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 16:16:11 -0400
Steve
     I posted a similar question when I was putting a 58 rear in my 50 and
didn't get any tips. I went to Napa trying to match up a cable but they have a
limited in stock inventory and I didn't get lucky. I made up some cables that
look like they belong out of old ones. I take it you have the type on the 10
bolt that push in a hole in the backing plate and the 51  has plates that bolt
on.  I removed the crimped on plates that bolted and brazed on the push type
connectors. I was also fooling around and found that you can drill on some fine
threaded rod and braze new adjuster ends on these cables but be sure you don't
use the cables that have plastic liners.

Grant 50 3100