Re: [oletrucks] To cut, or not to cut...

To: "K & B" <apache58truck@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] To cut, or not to cut...
From: "william moldenhauer" <wmh678@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 17:44:43 -0500
my 2cents if you cut off the frame you will only open a can of worms in
terms of rebuilding .I would suggest a heidts crossmember or complete front
ifs.you will retain your core support making the rebuild very easy.you will
have rack and pinion steering and a truck that can roll safely at speed
limit.not to mention stop safely with disc brakes up front.then you will
have to go to a brake booster(bolt on) and re do your brake lines (diys)
and I would suggest changing rear gear to a more highway friendly #
well maybe 2 1/2 cents.
bill 53-3600 street rod