Re: [oletrucks] To cut, or not to cut...

To: "K & B" <apache58truck@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] To cut, or not to cut...
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 20:07:14 -0400
A subframe job is a lot of work and if not done right, the truck can be
pretty much ruined. There are good and bad examples. My article at
www.Chevytrucks.org (Pacer IFS) has some background on the whole IFS deal.
But radial tires, disc brakes and a total rebuild of the original front end
will result in a safe, almost as pleasant ride.

The market for pure stock restored old trucks is pretty sparse, at least in
this neck of the woods. I wouldn't be concerned about de-valuing by
modifying the front end. Anyway, it sounds like you are going to be hanging
on to your Apache for a while - take your time and decide what you really
want for your son (and yourself) in the end. Go to some AACA shows and
street rod events too. Look around, ask questions, listen, and see how
people really use their trucks - and how much fun they have doing it. Then
go your own way!

Jack / Winter Park FL