Re: [oletrucks] To cut, or not to cut...

To: "K & B" <apache58truck@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] To cut, or not to cut...
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 21:10:07 -0400
Opinions, opinions....we've all got one!  And you probably won't be any
better off once you get everyones' opinions since you'll hear both
sides...rod and stock.  I love the rods, but my desire was to have a stock
truck.  I wanted the truck for nostalgic reasons and a rod just wouldn't
have given me that.  My ol' '47 is hard to drive, bumpy to ride in, and has
no "options" like power steering, disc brakes, etc.  HOWEVER, I love every
minute I spend in it.  These old trucks are disappearing faster and faster
as more and more people get them and fix them up.  I just can't bear the
thought of ruining a great old stock truck.  BUT, that's just me.  Nice
thing about it, you can't go wrong either way...rod or stock.  Best thing
about it, you have saved another oletruck from the crusher.  Now, it just
depends on what you have your heart set on to do with it.  How about if you
make it stock for now, then let your son decide what he wants when he gets
old enough to drive.  That way, you have a great stock truck which can stay
that way...or be converted to a rod later.  If you do the rod now, not much
going back.
Tom Caperton
'47 2nd 3100 ...stock and lovin' it