Re: [oletrucks] '55-'59 GMC's guages

To: "Pat Wilson '56GMC Napco" <crankit@fcmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '55-'59 GMC's guages
From: Don Kasbohm <milw8170@dmci.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 20:50:44 -0400
At 10:56 AM 7/5/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hello all my fellow GMC people!
>Just thouht I would pass on a tid bit of info. I had done to my guages
>if you can't find any NOS. guages. There is a green plastic stip inside the
guage which transfers the light from the light bulb though it on to the face
of the guage illuminating it in a green tint. What I had done is to
carefully take each guage and pry the outer tin ring lip out and remove it,
then the glass and I believe a gasket?, then you will find this green
plastic strip, you will or should notice that it is faded on half of the
strip, just flip it over, and now it should have the green side (not faded)
in line with the light bulb and now illuminate through this portion of
green. Just a tid bit.
>Pat

This stuff was all brittle and fell apart when I rebuilt mine, So I came up
with this idea as a replacement.......Cut some new pieces from a plastic
Mountain Dew bottle. Worked for me!
Don Kasbohm
'59 GMC 100 V8