[oletrucks] Fender Catings

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Fender Catings
From: "David" <David@gardener.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 20:14:36 -0500
I am think about how to prep the inner surfaces of the front and rear
fenders, the running boards and other exposed back or bottom sides of other
parts.

Since I live in the salt belt, I would really like to take some additional
steps to increase the protection of these parts.  What would be a good first
level of protection before applying the rubberized undercoating?

Several options I have come up with include.

1.  Powder coating them.

    or

2.  Coating with POR 15 or something similar.

    or

3.  Paint them with 2 part expoy primer as the base.

    or

4.  ??

Any pros / cons thoughts and ideas about each would be appreciated.  I
really do not want to do this again.

David Edwards
1954 3100 5 Window Deluxe Cab