Re: [oletrucks] Brake Solution (was Problem)

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake Solution (was Problem)
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:39:04 -0700
One final cry for help before throwing in the towel.  I'm on my 5th gas
gauge, and just unpacked my second sending unit from Chevy Duty.  So far
nothing close to working gas gauge.

Question on the sending unit:

How can I tell if the sending unit is working?  When I hook up the ohm
meter, with one lead to the terminal and one to the sending unit for a
ground, I get an indication of continuity, but there is no variation when I
move the float up and down.  This is the same thing that happened with the
previous sending unit, that I thought was bad.  Is there a way to hook it up
so that when I move the float up and down, the ohm meter will correspond?

Question on the gauge:

My ohm meter shows continuity from one post to the other.  Does this mean
the gauge is good?  Before I buy yet another gauge, can I hook up my new
sending unit to another gauge, and somehow see if it is going to work once
it's installed in the truck?

Thanks!

Smokey
'50 3600 5-window (The one with the gas can in the back)