[oletrucks] Helpers

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Helpers
From: SHAWN & JO <YOOPERWANNABE@PRODIGY.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 08:10:15 -0400
Hey Fellas,
        I'm 29 now but since age 5 my Dad has been building a 1934 3 window
F*rd coupe. He's been done for a few years now but when I was a kid, I
also was forced to help on the street rod project...
        I hated it and would avoid helping at all costs but I still got
wrangled a lot as a teenager. I would basically run every time I saw him
going into the garage.
        That said, I wish I would have paid more attention to what was going
on. Now that I realize what valuable knowledge I have missed along with
the time I could have spent with my Dad I realize the error of my ways.
I'm still amazed at what I was able to retain even though I was forced
to help.
        This isn't some sappy letter, but a noteof enouragement to all you
fathers out there trying to get your sons involved..
        I would rather drive an old vehicle any day over a new one. I
devolepeda fine appreciation for vintage autos of any kind and for the
people who build them. I have had two old vehicles before my current
project of the 51 panel but none were basket cases as this one is.
There are days where I wonder what kind of disease my father has given
me until I see another antique rolling down the road...
        Keep up the tradition, get another generationinvolved so we can save
more of our heritage.

Shawn
51 1 ton panel truck