[oletrucks] Re: Selling two '50 Chev Deluxe 1/2 tons

To: SchornT@ci.fort-worth.tx.us
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: Selling two '50 Chev Deluxe 1/2 tons
From: Dave Quirt <quirt@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 23:57:55 -0600
Tim:

Ouch. I sorta did that by selling one of my vehicles (OK, two of them)
to put $$$ into education investment funds for daughter and son back in
1991. Luckily, these funds have another 8 and 10 years to grow before I
will need to dip into them!!!! :-)

Too bad you aren't 1000 or 1500 miles closer as I could always use some
more 5-window ADs :-) Good luck with the sale. The cause is worth it.

Now just don't get into selling MGs too!!!

Dave.

--------------
>From Tim Schorn:
Regretfully, I am needing to sell these 2 trucks. I would like to offer
them
to the list first as many of you may have friends who would like to have
truck (or 2) like yours. Both are 5-window cabs with original radios.
    #1 has been totally media-blasted and is disassembled. The
drivetrain is
intact, however, and still in the chassis. I drove this truck for 10
years
before starting a body-off restoration. The cab has new patch panels in
the
back corners, floors, and toeboards. Some rust remains in the
passenger-side
cowl. The rest of this truck is very solid and structurally complete
except
for bedwood. It has a current Texas registration and has resided in
Texas
since new. It was originally painted Brewster Green and comes with 2
stainless(?) grilles.
   #2 is original and has good sheet metal with a small amount of rust
in
the same cowl area as #1. The body has not been tampered with and is
still
on the frame, however the driveline has been converted to a later-model
rear-end and has V-8 motor mounts welded in. It has a transmission and a
couple of driveshafts, but no motor, hence, no title. A firewall-mounted
brake pedal assembly is included. This truck still has the original red
paint and the grille is  painted.
    Many extra parts are included with this package, as well as a
complete
library of workshop manuals,  factory assembly manual, Tom's How to
Restore
You Chev PU Book, and a Chev PU Red Book for good measure. All must go,
no
parting out at this time, please. Ping off list if interested. Over
$4000
invested, asking $3772.25 for all .

 Tim
  Sending Daughter #1 To College