[oletrucks] Interesting item on eBay web site item#127971295: CHEVY & GM

To: "Oletrucks List Server" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Interesting item on eBay web site item#127971295: CHEVY & GMC PICKUP DOOR LATCHES 1952 TO 1955
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 22:30:36 -0500
I saw this item for sale at eBay, bid on it & then realized they won't work
on my "pull-down" type handles; they are for the pushbutton type handles.
If you've priced these lately (& repo'd at that, i.e. questionable quality),
you know they are about $25 ea.  Here you can outbid me for only $25.58 for
a pair! (& they are NOS!!!)

Title of item: CHEVY & GMC PICKUP DOOR LATCHES 1952 TO 1955
Seller: mikehar@trib.com
Starts: 07/06/99, 18:30:54 PDT
Ends: 07/16/99, 18:30:54 PDT
Price: Currently $24.95
To bid on the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=127971295

Item Description:
 *NOSNEW OLD STOCK!!THESE 2 DOOR LATCHES FIT:CHEVROLET AND GMC PICKUPS1st
SERIES ONLY!!1952, 1953, 1954, & 1955HERE ARE THE PART #'s: 3698813 LEFT
SIDE3698814 RIGHT SIDETHEY STILL HAVE THE PARTS TAGS ON THEM FROM THE DEALER
(ONE HAS BEEN CHEWED PARTIALLY OFF BY MICE, THE OTHER ONE IS METAL AND IS
INTACT). AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE PICTURE, THEY DO HAVE SOME SURFACE RUST
FROM SITTING IN THE BARN FOR SO LONG.THEY ARE IN GREAT WORKING ORDER.   THEY
HAVE NEVER BEEN INSTALLED IN A VEHICLE!! WINNING BIDDER TO PAY $5.00
SHIPPINGTHANKS FOR BIDDING AND HAVE A GREAT DAY!!

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX