Re: [oletrucks] Melancholy Monday...

To: <Passnb4U@aol.com>, <apache58truck@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Melancholy Monday...
From: "Lonnie L. Dickey" <mdickey@silverback.gorilla.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 13:38:36 -0500
I agree. That's a piss poor way to do business. I'm glad noone got
hurt money wise but I know it hurts when you get messed out of
a good deal.

It kind of reminds me of a business trip I took. I got to my destination
airport. The vendor picked me and my partner up. The vendor was hot
to make an impression and as you might expect took us out for dinner
and some eightball. After a bit I was really tired and grabbed a ride to
my hotel. (hint: it was 02:00 which was really late for me.) Here is
where the similarity comes in. I approached the front desk and asked
for my room key. The friendly counter person informed my that my
"wife had the key".  Surprise?! My wife, the real one, was still at home
and that was in another state. This "wife" had convinced the hotel person
that she was my wife and took my room. Then my problem was where
do you find a room at 02:00 in a town booked full for the convention. I
finally found a room about 20 miles out in the boon docks.

I know the subject is a bit out of like for 'oletrucks' but it shows that
there are con artists everywhere. It also shows that most people are
a bit too trusting and can be fooled by a quick talking smoothie.

Hope you find another truck,
Lonnie

 PS Oh yea! I can't forget to say that I REALLY wanted to get a second
      room key so I could go up and say "Honey, I'm back! Where are you?".