[oletrucks] Another monday disapoinment.

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Another monday disapoinment.
From: "Antonio R. Tijerino" <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 22:23:29 -0700
I was reading the recent thread about disappointments. I had an
experience recently that each time I remember it I could kick myself. I
had posted the question about the engine that I found in the local
paper. A '55 235 complete with a 3 speed OD with only 2K after rebuilt
for $500.00 I called the guy and he said that he tried to sell it at the
local flea market the day before and still had it on the back of his van
and that if I went right away I could move it from his van to my truck,
I could not go, because I had a meeting a in a few minutes, but I told
him that I was going to pick it up next morning. The next morning I
loaded my truck with rags and 2x4's and load binders and went to the
Credit Union to get the cash, called the guy from work and told him I
was on my way to get the engine. He told he was sorry, but he sold the
engine the night before. I was very heartbroken. So now I am still
looking for a '54 or newer 235 recent rebuilt for around $500.00 and
close to the Sacramento area.

Antonio,
'53 3100