[oletrucks] GOODYEAR TIRES

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] GOODYEAR TIRES
From: varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:00:08 -0500
As I mentioned, Goodyear has a really nice tire in Australia called the
Custom Xtra Grip.  The US corp office told me to look at their US
Workhorse M&S as this is an aggressive, non directional tire. I have a
Goodyear center right down the street so I am going to go look at the
pics. I'll let ya'll know.
As for Coker, I called them months ago and I called them again
yesterday, I have been using Coker for my panhead whitewalls for
years and I love their quality. But, I don't like their military tires
although the pics on the web site aren't really that great.
UNiversal told me to check out this Mexican company named Tornell
that imports to an Ohio company. They have a very agressive 7.50x17
that sounds like what I want. But...Mexico is not know for their
quality.  UNiversal told me that the tires I am looking for are more like a
timber industry tire - I didn't think to look into actual industry specific
tires.
For me, and I am not real well versed with tires, as long as I get the
design I want, the size doesn't matter as much as I am not as
concerned with using stock rims.  Sure, size does matter, but, I will find
rims to match the size I think.
Maybe not - I need to see what's out there first. What do ya'll think?