Re: [oletrucks] 216 engine performance questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 216 engine performance questions
From: soundex@eden.com (craig k)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 11:44:53 -0600
we like our 216 just fine...  at 2800-3000 rpms, we cruise at roughly 60
mph... which is plenty fast for a single-circuit brake system!

if you want to go faster than that, i'd wager your tranny will be the
limiter more than the engine; while you'll eventually  spin a bearing at 70
mph and 3500 rpm+ (and according to the man who rebuilt it, 'eventually'
could be hours or years) , i doubt you'd get there - our tranny sounds like
the apocalypse is coming anywhere over 60 mph, and one becomes acutely
aware that you are sitting directly over a bunch of rapidly spinning,
protesting metal!

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe