[oletrucks] Trans Cooler, etc.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Trans Cooler, etc.
From: "DS1 KRUCAS CS/CD 7259" <krucasdb@boxer.navy.mil>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 08:31:41 +0000
My 57's rebuild has started, and I'm a couple hours away from
having a rolling chassis. Those of you who have done this already
can hopefully answer these items I came up with:
1. My TH350 was plumbed to the lower radiator tank. Does the fluid
also go thru some fins in the core, or just sit in it's own
compartment in the lower tank? Would a separate transmission
cooler be better than the radiator? I'm going to a 700R4.

2. How well does the heater work in the aftermarket Air
Conditioning setups, as compared to a stock or deluxe heater?

3. I like my stock steering wheel, but will be using a steering
column by "ididit". Does anyone know who makes an 18" wheel
that fits the new columnt?

4. In the oletruck archives, Terry says a Nissan seat has a narrow
back and works well. What year truck should I be looking for at the
tonka graveyard?

5. How wide is a TF differential? Present rear is out a a 60's truck,
Chevy resto package doesn't say, Bill in the archives says 54" for
the inside measurement, and Curry Enterprises in Anaheim says
62". But they want $1593 for a drum brake unit, $1863 for limited
slip, and $2080 for limited slip with disk brakes. I thought I might
be able to do a little better on my own, but don't know what to look
for yet.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom. My old parts are available for
anyone who thinks they're worth the shipping cost.
Dave '57 short step in San Diego