Re: [oletrucks] Trans Cooler, etc.

To: "DS1 KRUCAS CS/CD 7259" <krucasdb@boxer.navy.mil>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trans Cooler, etc.
From: "Ralph Linnell" <ChevySix@seatac.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 08:59:24 -0700
I can only answer on the tranny cooler from my experience. I just installed
a 700R4 behind my 261. I used my original radiator so there was no
provisions for using the cooler built in the radiator. I was considering
installing a radiator with a tranny cooler and then I would have plumbed
them in a series going out of the radiator cooler through an additional
cooler back to the tranny. Instead I plumbed in a separate cooler in front
of the radiator and replaced my original fan with a later model "flex fan"
and so far it is working great.

Ralph Linnell

"ChevySix"
ChevySix@seatac.net
http://www.seatac.net/chevysix/
Inliners International Membership Chairman
Inliner # 2132