Re: [oletrucks] Trans Cooler, etc.

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Trans Cooler, etc.
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 12:10:57 -0400
Dave, in answer to the 1st question, the tubing from the tranny to the
radiator does not sit in a separate tank.  Inside the side tank of the
radiator, there is a short series of loops of tubing that the fluid
flows through and it is cooled by the radiator water circulating around
this tubing.  I stayed with this standard setup when building a 300 hp
small block for my Chevelle with a TH-350.  I am not familiar with the
cooling requirements of the 700R4, but if you decide to use an external
cooler for added insurance, I'd still keep the stock lines to the
radiator as well.  If you'd feel safer with the added cooler, they are
not too expensive through Summit or Jegs.

Wally