Re: [oletrucks] Dat Ole Slippery Slope's Got Me

To: "Chevy Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dat Ole Slippery Slope's Got Me
From: "Stephen" <slb1@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 16:42:08 -0700
Hi Paul,

I have a 261 which I really appreciate but, the cost of rebuilding was
considerably higher than for a 235.  Pistons, cam and I forget what else,
were higher.  It does run great and has a bunch of power with stock intake
and exhaust.

I will probably pull it out of my '58 Fleetside and put it in my '50
Suburban.  I will then hot rod it a bit with headers and a four barrel
intake.  I will put a 350/700r4 in the pickup.

Stephen