[oletrucks] Authorized California Weighmaster?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Authorized California Weighmaster?
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:00:52 EDT
    I have been having a series of running skirmishes with the California DMV
over the last several weeks. My goals were to transfer title to me, currently
register, transfer year of manufacture (YOM) plates (thanks Whitney) on to my
truck from another truck and switch the legal VIN from the engine number to
the door plate number.
    This was a rather ambitious agenda, and after a number of short sharp
battles and a few longer ones, all of the above objectives were attained --
all but one. All of the paperwork was returned to me today in the mail with
yet another demand. A new computer generated form has been stapled to the top
of the other ones (you should see all the papers and staples) that demands a

"VALID WEIGHT CERTIFICATE ISSUED BY AN
AUTHORIZED CALIFORNIA WEIGHMASTER"

    Huh? This is a completely new hurdle to me. Does anybody have any idea
what this is or where it can be obtained or how much it costs? This info was
on the original title issued by the DMV themselves. Why are they interested
in the weight of an antique truck? How many more obstacles can they devise?
Are they just justifying their jobs? Why, oh why didn't I just let the AAA
handle all of this?

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html