[oletrucks] 59 brake pedal return spring

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 59 brake pedal return spring
From: michael_conrey@canammanac.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 15:34:38 -0400
I'm restoring a 1/2 ton 59 Chevrolet truck to original specs.  I'm currently
working on the brakes.  I'm looking for a brake pedal return spring.  Part
number 3653115 (from the 55 Assembly Manual - Section 5 Sheet 12).  The previous
owner had rigged up a spring on my truck from the eccentric toe board clearance
adjustment bolt to the steering column.  Does anyone have one laying around on a
parts truck that could buy?  Even if the spring has lost it's tension, I'd still
like to have it so I could try to find a new one that looks as close to the
original as possible.

Thanks for your help,

Michael Conrey
Myersville, MD