Re: [oletrucks] Master Brake Cylinder Mods

To: "Jim and Elaine" <phippsj@camalott.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Master Brake Cylinder Mods
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 08:01:43 -0400
I have tried this both ways. Unless you are a pretty good fabricator, I'd
buy the adapter bracket. If the cylinder isn't positioned just right, the
rod from the brake pedal might bind or have too much or too little travel.
In this case the brakes will never work right.

Even the the ready-made brackets can be a little bit off. Depending on which
master cylinder you use, and length of the actuating rod,  the mounting
position can vary somewhat. In my experience, this is definitely not a
bolt-in job.

If you do buy the adapter, make sure the vendor can tell you which master
cylinder it was designed to work with. If they are evasive or don't know,
look elsewhere. I'd recommend buying direct from ECI or one of the street
rod suppliers who make the brackets. Don't take chances or cut corners when
it comes to brakes.

Jack / Winter Park FL