Re: [oletrucks] Master Brake Cylinder Mods(benefits)

To: peter@petervolwerk.demon.nl, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Master Brake Cylinder Mods(benefits)
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 17:19:11 EDT
In a message dated 8/12/99 2:08:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
peter@petervolwerk.demon.nl writes:

<< Hi to all,

 I have read all the message's about the master brake cylinder and i have a
 question about it, wat's wrong with buying a new original mater brake
 cylinder that fits right in place.
 LMC Truck sell's this peace for $ 119.95 and Chevy Duty for $ 74.95
 The Master cylinder adapter kit for use with a 1973 - 77 mid-size GM dual
 cylinder from Chevy Duty will cost you $ 69.95 and you have to buy the
 master cylinder for it.
 I'm still driving my truck with the original one and if there is a greater
 benefit from this I will like to hear it.

  With the single resevoir M/C, if you were to have a leaking wheel cylider,
or blow one out, yo could lose all your brake functions, with the dual M/C
setup, if you lost on wheel cylinder, you would only lose the braking in one
axle.

  Mike

 Peter '58 3100
 Netherland >>