[oletrucks] 235 main bearing shims & align boring

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 main bearing shims & align boring
From: MIKE RAHL <MRAHL@martinmartin.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 15:02:19 -0600
Due to the 235 having step mains (different size journals), it is somewhat
difficult and expensive to align bore.  I discussed this with my machinist
and he said it would cost at least $300.  Unless you needed the block for
matching numbers, it would be cheaper to get a good core.  He said he has
not put a 235 back together that needed the shims after the crank was
ground.  He recommended getting the shim kit just in case and returning it
if you didn't use it.  I called the local NAPA and they didn't list one.  I
called Patrick's and they do have them - $18.