Re: [oletrucks] heating a non-heated intake manifold?

To: thomasa@halcyon.com, avdoug@teal.csn.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] heating a non-heated intake manifold?
From: L1Chevy@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:27:55 EDT
I'm curious on this subject of carb icing...I've never experienced it , so
I'm wondering if I'm just lucky or what?  I live in Vancouver, WA, which is
similar to Seattle in weather. I have a 261, using the dual Offy
intake...dual Rochesters.....no insulator plates...and a split mainfold...it
seems to operate beautifully in any weather. Is it the fact that I took the
insulator plates out? And is there a downside to doing this?

  Dave Koon
  '51 3100