[oletrucks] A little off the subject

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] A little off the subject
From: "Pat Wilson '56GMC Napco" <crankit@fcmail.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 19:09:25 -0800
Just looking for some info. about the turbo 400 transmission.  I purchased a
'72 Chevy truck with this trans, after I got it, I was doing some further
inspections, and found after looking at the tranny tail shaft housing mount, it
was steel?, very interesting I thought, I will have to replace that!, then the
reason was found (very disappointed), looking over the rear of the trans, from
the top intake manifold, what a site, the torque converter!, yes you can see it
while the engine is running....a large chunk of the trans bell
housing....gone!, why that no good S.O.B. didn't tell me, and he was a
co-worker.  So the question I have, are all the turbo 400's the same
internally?, another co-worker had a later model chevy truck also with a turbo
tranny, but the insides were shot, but the case is good supposedly.  This trans
of mine works great, so do you think I can swap the insides to the "good case"?
 Anybody?, please let me know if there are any tranny guru's out there.    Pat

Pat '56 GMC Napco

Sent by FortuneCity Mail at http://www.fortunecity.com

Join now and receive 20Mb of free web space and E-mail