Re: [oletrucks] Pacer rotors

To: "Jeff Davis" <jsd51@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Pacer rotors
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:20:40 -0400
Jeff,

    All Pacer rotors have the small Ford bolt pattern, the only other rotors
( I've heard but can't confirm) that will fit the AMC spindles are from
early '80s Fords, so, same problem.

    I went through this on my Pacer swap and decided the best solution was
to have the rear axles and brake drums re-drilled for the Ford pattern. An
axle shop can do this easily and it will be cheaper than having rotors done,
if you can even find a shop that will do it.  I was advised repeatedly
against having rotors modified, the heat will most likely warp and/or weaken
them. I had a rotor break on a Taurus, not fun at all.

Jack / Winter Park FL