[oletrucks] Question about front suspension and.....

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Question about front suspension and.....
From: SBOHNAK@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:46:27 EDT
Hi all.  First, thank all of you out there for advise.
I came across an old parts truck, 56 or 57 GMC.  I am currently involved with
restoration of a 55 2nd, 3/4 longbed.  This parts truck is a 1/2 t short bed
with only the stripped cab and frame with suspension.  I noticed that on the
front wheels, there is a cylinder shaped tube attached to the backing plate
of the spindle.  What is this?  It's not the shock, but still wondering if
anyone knows what this does.  It has a warning label on it, but can't make
out the rest of the writing.  I want to maybe use the frame with my good body
and therefore, have a 1/2 ton shorted.  The guy wants 300.00 for it.  Does
this sound good?  The cab is a large window that shows it's years, but
possible to refurbish.
Any help or advise on buying this and ID'ing the front wheel part would be
helpful
Again, thanks for all you members out there for the colorful reading and
advise.

Steve  55 2nd  GMC
Stockton, CA