[oletrucks] Question about front suspension and.....

To: Oletrucks Digest <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Question about front suspension and.....
From: Edward Miller <edngael@open.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 21:23:24 -0700
Hi Steve,

Chevy Duty sells a steering stabilizer kit that includes something that
looks like a shock absorber, judging from the picture.  Part number
76-991.  But the text doesn't say where it attaches.  That's my guess
for what you saw, tho!

I've been kind of wondering how well these work, compared with
installing new spring bushings and the tie rod upgrade that I've already
done.

Ed Miller
'58 Apache Short Fleetside

Steve asks:  I noticed that on the
front wheels, there is a cylinder shaped tube attached to the backing
plate
of the spindle.  What is this?  It's not the shock, but still wondering
if
anyone knows what this does.  It has a warning label on it, but can't
make
out the rest of the writing.