[oletrucks] summer visit

To: "trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] summer visit
From: "Judd O'Neil" <joneil@cpros.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 23:10:50 -0700
Thanks tom,

The visit with Alan and Karen Gingles was a total surprise to me and the
rest of us here in Grants Pass. I had bragged that a nice truck was going to
show up around here and several of my friends (including F**d owners) were
on hand to see the truck. Being typical Oregonians they stayed comnpletely
out of sight. Never said anything until Alan and Karen were on their way out
ot town. After Karen and Alan left they came out of the woodwork to ask
about the list (cause i brag about all the time).

Many mentioned that it was very nice to see an old truck that could make it
1,300 miles without some kind of breakdown (F**d owners) I suspect. Their
truck seemed to be running fine when they left and Alan didn't seem at all
concerned. Alan has exactly what I want... I nice truck that gets me where I
want to go. Wheteher next door or to the next country. Whichever is closer.

Around here it is rreal truck country. No matter what brand. I am so very
happy they took the time to stop by and say hello. Setting an agenda for a
vacation is difficult to say the least, but to just take the time to stop
and say hello is something I really appreciate. This list is diplomacy at
its best. And a lot of fun, too.

Judd O'Neil
1950 Chevy 3100
1951 Chevy 3100