[oletrucks] 235 Crank Gear Stuck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 Crank Gear Stuck
From: Hudson29@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 21:09:16 EDT
    After several abortive attempts to get at this 235 project, I finally got
a little time to try and remove the crank for inspection. Yet another delay
has sprung up in the form of a stuck crank gear. The steering wheel puller
tool that worked so well on the balancer won't touch the crank gear. I
applied enough torque to bend a very nice large screwdriver that had been
pressed into service to prevent the crank from turning. What next? Can the
crank be snuck out through the hole in the engine front plate with the gear
in place? Can a larger, more formidable behind the gear type puller be used?

Paul O'Neil, Hudson29@aol.com
1951 Chevrolet 3600 Pickup Project, See it at:
The Poor Man's Advanced Design Tech Tips Page
http://home.earthlink.net/~conntest47/
Fullerton, California USA
AEROMARK - Need Rubber Stamps or Signs? See:
http://hometown.aol.com/hudson29/myhomepage/index.html