[oletrucks] 49 panel question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 49 panel question
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 09:36:52 EDT
My brother Brian has a 49 1/2 ton that is pretty rough except that it has a
very good frame, suspension, drivetrain, and front cap sheet metal.  He
doesn't need it anymore since they bought his wife the 50 pickup.

He also has a friend that runs a junkyard that has a 49 panel that has has a
good basic body, is missing the front cap sheet metal, no
suspension/drivetrain, and was just sitting on the ground so the frame isn't
great.

Question:  What would be necessary to take the
frame/suspension/drivetrain/frontcap from the 49 pickup and put it under the
49 panel body?

I know that the TF Suburbans/panels have a frame extension under the back and
at least some had sway bars.  Any other problems or reasons this wouldn't
work?

I'll try to find out where this yard is and what else they have. . .

Thanks in advance,

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville, TN