[oletrucks] Installing rearend

To: "'Chevy Trucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Installing rearend
From: Paul Blosser <paulblosser@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 23:07:34 -0500
Ok, I'm getting ready to set the rearend under my truck and have heard
about as many ways as there can possible be to set pinion angle.  I've
looked at the article on the ClassicTruck.com (i.e engine oil rail and
pinion centerline parallel).  I've got the instructions from a No Limit
Engineering videotape (push pinion down 2-3 degrees below level).  I've
never done this before, although I've read about it -- I need to know
what is the best/correct method.  This isn't a hot rod but won't exactly
be your daily driver (350/350 with cam, headers, 4 barrel).  I won't be
hauling feed in it, but I also will be taking it to town to run errands
etc., not driving it or treating it like a farm truck.

Your knowledge and experience is appreciated,

Paul Blosser
1954 3100