[oletrucks] Change can be good!

To: "_Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Change can be good!
From: "Rob & Margie J." <rjjmsj@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 20:54:44 -0700
First off, I want to apologize to the group for calling another member a
jerk, but I simply do not have a lot of tolerance for selfish people, and
that post sure gave me that impression.  But again, I also realize I was out
of line and that was uncalled for from me.  However, I have tried to
watchdog this group and keep it pointed in a positive direction and have
tried to find a way to please as many as possible (but of course it is
impossible to please all), however, I see that I can no longer do this.

Second, in my opinion, the list has become too big and has too many largely
divergent interests.  Yes, I started the list, so I might as well be the one
to suggest a change.  We have basically the following subgroups:

Those with Advance Design trucks (basically stock)
Those with Advance Design trucks (rodded or heavily modified)
Those with Task Force trucks (basically stock)
Those with Task Force trucks (rodded or heavily modified)
Those with other years

I personally don't really get much from any of the posts dealing with any of
the subgroups other than the one I am interested in, and that is the first.
I suspect that a lot of others feel similarly.  The sheer volume of email
from this list is overwhelm, so I chose to do something about it.  I started
a new group that will be devoted to basically stock Advance Design trucks.
It will have the same "rules" that were in place as were in place in this
group from the beginning, and they will be few.  They will be in place to
keep good order, to prevent vendors (and that would include eBay posts), to
prevent foul language, and anything to do with FORDS.  However, the humor,
personal triumphs/tribulations/road trips, etc. will be encouraged.  If
anyone else wants to start a group to cover the other special interests, I
would be happy to tell you how (easy to do and requires virtually no time to
administer).  I see this as a win-win situation.  Assuming others start the
other lists, if there are those who have overlapping interests, then they
could subscribe to as many or as few as they wanted to.  If they subscribe
to all, then nothing will have changed for them.  BUT, what it would do is
give people more flexibility in determining what they get, and cut down on
the sheer volume for many.

So, anyway, I have started the list below.  Feel free to join or not.  For
those that do, welcome.  For those that were around from the start, I think
you'll find it will be like the "old" days again.

To subscribe, send a blank email to the following address:
old-chevy-truck-subscribe@onelist.com