Re: [oletrucks] Progress report - 53 3100 street rod

To: monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Progress report - 53 3100 street rod
From: "dave riffel" <cafe_dave@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 13:31:36 PDT
Wally,

Sounds like you're making some great progress.  It's pretty exiting whenever
you get something major accomplished.

I used the painless wiring kit in my '50 and can highly recommend it.  It
comes with exellent instructions and should only take about a weekend to
install if you wanted to do it all at once.  The wires are all color coded
to GM colors so any mechanic with a GM wiring diagram should be able to
figure it out.  If not, the source and destination for each wire is printed
on the wire itself.  The insallation instruction book is exellent and gives
all info needed to get it done.  Also, the fuse block already has the wires
installed correctly so that's one less thing to do.  I think the kit is high
quality and a good investment for the truck.  I kind of see it as cheap
insurance to have a new wiring harness anyways.

Dave Riffel