Re: [oletrucks] Progress report - 53 3100 street rod

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Progress report - 53 3100 street rod
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 20:28:29 -0400
Tnx Paul and Bill for the wiring harness info.  I'm not ready yet, but
am into the catalog collecting mode.  Should provide plenty of winter
"fireside hours" poring through the specs.

As an aside to my tranny crossmember problem, I finished up the mount
today and used the original crossmember with only the following
modification.  I used a piece of 2"x2" angle to bolt to the bottom of
the TH-350, then bolted another piece of angle to the 1st angle so that
the 2 pieces together formed a sideways "Z" shape when viewed from the
side.  I welded the 2nd piece to the crossmember and can disconnect the
whole deal by unbolting the 2 bolts connecting the angles.  It ended up
fitting perfectly to the stock x-member without moving the latter.
Feels great when something like this comes together.  It almost looks
"factory"!  I was so smug, my wife kept asking me what I was smiling
about all afternoon.

Wally...53 3100 rod project