RE: [oletrucks] napco

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] napco
From: "Kevin D. Pennell" <pennellkd@f-a-s-t.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:18:00 -0400
Hi all,

  This one I really know!!!  Yeah!

NAPCO stands for Northwestern Auto Parts Company.  They were founded in
1918.  In the 50's they became a publicly traded stock company and changed
their name to NAPCO Industries.  Then in the 80's they changed it again to
NAPCO International.  Though they sold the rights to the 4 wheel drive
conversions they are famous for in the early 60's, they still exist and do
business as defense contractors.  Their current address is:
NAPCO International Inc.
11111 Excelsior Blvd.
Hopkins, MN  55343

They also have a Washington D.C. Office and address.
E-mail:  napco@napcointl.com

Oh yes, They have failed to respond to numerous requests for information
concerning the early 4x4 package.  A secretary did tell me on the phone that
the company sold that segment of the business years ago, and no one knows
anything about it anymore.  I should conduct my research elsewhere.  Nice
Lady though...  So much for archives...

Nuff info for ya'?? (Smile!)

Yours, Kevin
59' Apache 38/NAPCO