[oletrucks] Bare Metal Prep.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Bare Metal Prep.
From: "Jeff Davis" <jsd51@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:41:24 PDT
Howdy All,

     I've got one for all you body men (now,now,... lets keep our focus on
trucks :) ). I'm checking around for prices for getting the entire AD
sandblasted and think I've finally found my man, however what do I put on
the body immediately after it's sandblasted? I intend to fix all the dents
and replace all the nonrepairable metal (cab corners ect...) but seeing how
It will take me quite awhile to complete all this body work, don't I want to
protect the bare metal in the mean time?
     I thought of a thin coat of primer but don't know if this will actually
hold off the rusting process while I slowly do repairs. Also I don't want to
put anything on that I'll have to remove later in order to properly prep for
paint.
     Any ideas of what to use and how to apply it would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks to all in ADvance ALL your advice.

Jeff Davis
'51 custom.