Re: [oletrucks] Fan speed and less roar

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Fan speed and less roar
From: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:32:07 -0700
I had to trim the blades on the stock fan of my 261 to miss the double groove
harmonic balancer (trimmed off the back of each blade and a circular arc at the
ends).  I used a mower blade balancer to check my work and trim more as
necessary.  It worked pretty good.  Followed by having my machinist flux for
cracks.

Allen in Seattle
'50 3100

>>> <sdellis@parker.com> 09/17/99 08:38AM >>>

I would be careful when bending or messing with the fan.  Anything that distorts
it from stock design has the potential to cause vibration (even minor) which
could wear our the water pump bearings, etc.  I'd hate to see someone's fan go
thru the radiator.