Re: [oletrucks] Cab Repair-Dolly

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Cab Repair-Dolly
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 01:41:46 -0400
I removed my cab and plopped it on a home-made frame of 2x6 lumber with
some caster wheels on the bottom to move it around.  If you do something
similar, make sure you use wheels that will support sufficient weight.
Things like lawnmower wheels will collapse.  I did not take any special
precautions regarding the position of the bed on the wood frame.  The
rear mounts were just un-bolted from the frame sides and seem to flop
loosely.  I pushed the whole deal out into the back yard and am working
on the frame/driveline.  The cab/nose/fenders/bed will probably stay
outside for the winter, though I may bring in assorted parts for paint
stripping if I run out of work during Dec/Feb.

Wally