Re: [oletrucks] 261 Overheating Problem

To: rkinas@ctinet.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 261 Overheating Problem
From: JAL12147@aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1999 20:16:02 EDT
Rich,
Checking it with a thermometer is one of the first things I did.  The coolant
that starts to flow through the radiator  is at 170°F. Also stuck the
thermostat into a pan of water on the stove.  It opens correctly.
About the temperature sticks.  I'd like to find them.  When I had it running
yesterday with the 16# cap, I felt the head around where the exhaust exits
into the manifold.  The port for # 2 & 3 did feel hotter than the others,
granted this was when it was first started, a couple of minutes of running
time, before the thermostat opened.  It would be interesting to see if my
finger is that sensitive.
John