[oletrucks] 261 Overheating Problem

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 261 Overheating Problem
From: JAL12147@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 08:32:42 EDT
Sorry I'm late in replying, but remember the overheating problem I was having
with my '57 261 CI block with the "848" head?  Neither the block nor the head
were cracked.  Everything was correct, steam holes, water pump, head gasket,
thermostat, etc., etc.  Everything but the ignition timing.  I had it set
about a gazillion degrees off.  As far off as the timing was the truck still
started and ran fine, it just overheated big time (no pun intended).  The
bubbles were from the coolant boiling, not a crack or head gasket problem as
I suspected.  I want to thank everyone who had input, especially Allen in
Seattle, who nailed the problem down.
Thanks again,
John Lazar
'51  3100